Tony Okechukwu Nwoye is the latest political victor in Anambra State and Nigeria currently having emerged as the Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC ahead of the November,18 Governorship Election in the state.
Here are ten quick facts you need to know about him.
1. He was a former Student Union Leader serving as a one time National President of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)
2. He is a medical doctor by profession
3. He is currently a member of the Federal House of Representatives representing the people of Anambra East/West constituency of Anambra state .
4. He was the Governorship candidate of the People's Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2013 election in Anambra state, securing the highest number of votes after Gov.Willie Obiano.
5. He defected from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress mid 2016
6. He is perceived as one of the youngest aspirants at age 42 among the top political parties
7 .He is known as the youngest State Chairman of a major political party in the entire nation having served in 2006 at the age of 31as the Chairman of the State Executive Committee of the Anambra State.
8 .He is the founder and non executive Director of Vintage Consolidated Ltd, a construction, building and Engineering company.
9. He is rumoured to be a political god-son of Prince Arthur Eze, a famous Anambra-born radical Billionaire.
10. He is known as a grass-root mobiliser, a consensus builder and a very consummate political strategist.
Congratulations to him on his victory.